1. Is it compulsory to wear a face covering on board the coach?
Yes. The government has also issued guidance that customers cannot travel if they do not have a face covering.
2. What is classed as a face covering?
A face covering should cover the mouth and nose while allowing the wearer to breathe comfortably and can be as simple as a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit. It should remain in place of its own accord.
3. Do children need to wear a face covering on board?
Children under 3 years of age will not be required to do so. Children aged 4 – 14yrs will be asked to wear a face covering.
However, some leeway will be required for infant and primary-school-age children who may find this distressing or difficult and may therefore naturally fall into an exception of not wearing a face covering.
4. Are there any exceptions for wearing a face covering?
Yes, exceptions will apply to any customers who have a disability or medical condition that prevents them from wearing a face covering. We will ask the person who makes the booking to let us know prior to travelling if there will be any passengers travelling without a face covering. The driver will then be informed of any customers boarding without a face covering due to their medical condition or disability. Home to School Transport is exempt from wearing face coverings as well.
5. Am I able to remove my face covering to eat and drink during the journey?
Yes, your face covering can temporarily be removed whilst you eat or drink, but must be placed back on afterwards.
6. If I don’t have a face covering, will I be refused to travel on board the coach?
Yes, it is compulsory to wear a face covering on board unless you are under the age of 3 or you have a medical condition or disability that prevents you from wearing one.
7. If I get refused entry onto the coach for not having a face covering, will I be entitled to a refund?
No, you would not be entitled to a refund in these circumstances. The Government advice in England has been made clear on wearing a face covering on public transport and this was also made clear throughout the booking process.
Terms & conditions relating to this point:
You may be refused entry on-board the vehicle if you do not have an appropriate face covering, or You may be asked to leave the Coach if you persistently fail to comply with these rules. Please note you shall not be entitled to a refund if you do not have and/or fail to wear the face-covering as directed.
8. Can I still use my mobile phone whilst on board the coach?
Yes, you can still use your mobile on board but please use messaging apps rather than voice or video calling to avoid removing your face covering.
9. Will hand sanitiser be available onboard the coach?
Yes there will be hand sanitiser onboard every coach.
10. Will the driver be issued with PPE?
– All drivers will be issued with masks, gloves, antiviral wipes and hand sanitiser.
– It is mandatory to wear the masks, gloves whilst checking tickets, loading luggage or temperature checking.
– It is not mandatory for the driver to wear the gloves, mask or visor whilst driving.
– At each stop that the vehicle stops at, to allow passengers to board or alight, the vehicle will be fitted with a screen to protect the customers from the driver, and the driver from the customers.
11. Will there be enhanced cleaning taking place on the coaches?
Yes, a rigorous process will take place overnight on each coach using specialised chemicals to aid full sanitation.
During the day, the driver will be expected to keep the coach clean using the PPE and products provided and ensure procedures are followed at all times.
12. Will the WC be available for use on board the coach?
Toilets can be in use if unavoidable.
13. I have an outstanding quote/booking that doesn’t comply with current social distancing guidelines, what should I do?
Contact the Sales Team on 01325 286924 or by emailing info@email@example.com to discuss options relating to your journey as the social distancing guidelines are subject to change. Your quote/booking may require re-quoting to ensure we are complying with the current guidelines.
14. If I make a booking based on current social distancing guidelines, but they are altered by the time I travel will my quote be affected by this?
If you make a booking with us based on current social distancing guidelines and at the point of travel these guidelines change then yes, your booking value may alter. If restrictions are lifted it could mean you would require less vehicles than initially quoted meaning your booking would be credited or if restrictions are increased, it may mean you require additional vehicles which will increase the overall price of your booking.
15. How will social distancing take place on board the coach?
The vehicle capacity will be reduced to up to 50%/0.8 meters with the following conditions in place:
– The wearing of face coverings is mandatory for all passengers and strongly recommended for all drivers.
– Seats not available will be clearly marked out of use and signage will be displayed throughout each vehicle.
– Fogging will take place daily
– An air filtration unit will be fitted to all vehicles
– Hand sanitiser will be available onboard our vehicles
16. I am awaiting a refund, when can I expect to receive it?
Due to the current circumstances, refunds are taking longer than normal. Please bear with us and will process your refund as soon as possible.